Established in 1971, Gastroenterology
Associates of Southeastern Virginia, has spent many years providing
outstanding healthcare to patients all over the Tidewater area and
northeastern North Carolina. We have built strong relationships with
many referring and primary care physicians during that time.
All of the physicians of Gastroenterology
Associates of Southeastern Virginia have completed university training
programs and all are board certified in the practice of gastroenterology.
Combined, they offer over 90 years of gastroenterology experience.
To ensure future generations of outstanding physicians, most of
our physicians also serve as Assistant Professors of Clinical Internal
Medicine at Eastern Virginia Medical School.
Our physicians provide diagnosis and treatment
on the full range of digestive and liver conditions, including (but
not limited to):
• Colorectal cancer detection
• Hereditary colon cancer syndrome
• Acid Reflux and Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease
• Difficulty swallowing
• Peptic ulcer disease
• Rectal bleeding
• Occult GI bleeding (hemoccult positive stool)
• Inflammatory bowel Diseases, such as Crohns Disease and
• Pancreatic/biliary conditions such as pancreatitis and
bile duct obstruction
• Liver diseases including elevated liver enzymes, autoimmune